Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Married to my boyfriend

You know, marriage is hard.Take 2 seperate worlds and try and bring them together and make a happy family.When you are dating the romance is so alive, there are butterflies just thinking about the other person,endless hours on the phone,dreaming of that blissful day you get to become man and wife.The day arrives, it is the most magical day ever.The first few months are so exciting and new and being newleyweds is so fun.Then you start setteling into your ways and creating new habits.Marriage is great, but as we get comfortable, we forget to take those special moments to think of all the great things,of how we fell in love.We sometimes stop dating eachother.I know for me there are days when I am in wedded bliss and days I am really trying to work on it.I once heard a quote from a couple that had been married for 50 years ,they were asked how they had been married for so long, and they replied"we never fell out of love on the same day."I may never fall out of love, but I think the point is that marriage is a roller coaster.
My point to all this , I was listening to Dr. Laura,and her big thing is "are you married to your boyfriend?"I really took a moment to think about this and define the meaning of this.You are better when you are dating, you cherish things more, you make an effort to do fun things, take time out to give compliments, and the list goes on.I want to be married to my boyfriend, I want him to rush home to see me, and I want to make him weak in the knees
I know since I have stopped nursing, my "horror" mones.are getting back in the swing of things and I'm not so crazy.Mike if you are reading this,listen up.I think you are a stud, your new glasses are so cute and I get those butterflies when I see you.My heart skips a beat when you kiss me and I love to lay next to you in bed . You are the most incredible father, and are so patient with our children, you work so hard with never a complaint and I wonder how you do it all.I love you for all eternity, I am so blessed to call you mine and I am grateful for you everyday.xoxox
Im gonna try hard to be a better wife, after all our kids learn from us. Are you married to your boyfriend?

14 comments:

☂niki. said...

great post. it's definitely something to think about. you are so sweet. it made me smile to read your thoughts on mike. he is a lucky man! i love when you get me to ponder for a bit. you do it quite often in your posts.

Jill said...

That is so sweet what you said about Mike! I like this quote from Dr. Laura! It definitely makes me think about who I was and what I did when Marcus and I were dating. Thanks for the reminder! There are some days I wish I could go back to that when it was just the two of us.

Jill said...

I hope that didn't sound terrible. I don't know what I would do without my kids. I think I just miss having him around. This commuting on the weekends things is wearing.

Alli said...

You are so sweet! I love all the things you said about Mike! He is so lucky to have you! Mandi you are so beautiful so much fun to be around and such a great mother! You are such a great example to me! I love you so much I hope this doesn't make you too sad, but I have been missin you so much! I hate that you don't live here so we can just hang out everyday! MOVE BACK HERE PLEASE!!! I love you and I know that Cali is a great place for you guys and i'm glad your happy. But just come to visit soon cause i'm going through withdrawls! Love you!!

Alexa Mae said...

i love that. i know exactly what you mean. you made some great points and im going to definitely try harder to be married to my boyfriend!

Brian and Brianna said...

That is a wonderful post. You definitely got me thinking. I know I haven't been married long but if I start early on I think we can keep this beautiful spark we have going strong for years to come :) you are such a great wife and mommy!

Grandmommy Crum said...

My dear sweet Mandi, you are so lovable!My boyfriend and I had five beautiful daughters, you being one of those great creations!!! I remember your first date with Mike, ok I guess I was ease dropping a little. You and Mike were on the back porch you were both giddy,it was so fun to see you happy again. Hevenly Father had a hand in bringing Mike to you. Im giad you chose him He takes good care of his most amazing family! Have fun being married, have fun being in love, Mike is your gift and your beautiful children are your rewards of being married to your handsome husband!!! I love you infinity! xoxo

Kristen said...

I love that Mikes glasses are a turn on...so random but so cute! I definetley miss the days where any time you mention your boyfriends name you feel crazy butterflies, like your gonna be sick, thats when you realize your falling in love! I second the vote from Alli for you guys to move back even though it will never happen...but we'll see you soon!!

Shan said...

That is a good reminder for all of us!!! Thanks!!

Jamie said...

Mandi,
Thanks for your comment! yeah i cant believe how fast my belly is growing! my little boy is growing fast! Im so excited to be a mom! Its hard to believe its happening and that he will be here soon! I love you tons!

Tara said...

Well, Dr. Laura really is a smart cookie. I read her book called, "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" and it was really good. Now, some of it did make me mad like why do I have to take care of him...but men really are simple creatures. I think it was definitely worth reading. You know sometimes it's hard to think of why the butterflies go away, cause you are still in love. But, I think it's just about newness. So, Wes and I try to have new experiences with each other. Try new things together, having a baby helps. I know you and Mike are an example to me, you guys are really cute together. Thanks for the post.

Michelle said...

Hey Mandi, this was an awesome blog post that I think so many of us girls needed to hear and it made us think. It made me think about how much I love and appreciate my husband. I still feel like I am in the honeymoon stage, but I shoul definitely show my appreciation for him more. It is fun to think of him as my boyfriend it puts a smile on my face. Thanks for the post Mandi, you are such a great wife and mother!

Kristen said...

bad news...Rockabye Rags is already taken!! So it Peanut Wagon...whats a girl to do??? Im distrote at my like of originality

Grannie Wright said...

It's funny that you put this on your blog. I was just remembering how much in love I am with your uncle Lo. After 35 years, its so good to have a reminder to think of him as my boyfriend. He is definitely still hot. I love you Mandi thanks for keeping us all connected even though we are so far apart. Love from Kath and Lo