Friday, September 19, 2008

Monday had been a long awaited day for my sweet little Presley.She finally got tubes!She has 8 ear infections in 12 months and an ear drum already burst, poor thing!so almost all her life she has had ear infections.she had her last one in August and the doc said if she is getting one now, then winter is gonna be bad,so we went in to give the poor girl some relief.A couple of days prior to the surgery she started getting a runny nose,I got very worried because all the paper work said they couldn't have a fever or cough, she didn't have either but, I was afraid the runny nose might postpone it.The whole night before i couldn't sleep, I worried all night and felt like I prayed all night, so that everything would go smooth.We left at 5:30 AM and headed for the surgery center.She was very content the whole time, when they took her from me she cried for a second, but as I walked out into the waiting area,I could see her and she already stopped.So,I felt very calm and I really had no worries.THE Lord really blessed me this day.In ten minutes it was over and I got to go pick her up,and boy was she mad!
The doc informed me that they got a lot out of her ears and that it clogged his vacume up ,because it was so sticky, which meant that it was in her ears for a long time.That made me feel bad to know that she had been suffering so long.
Hopefully now we are on a new road and that she will finally be able to hear better and not feel constant pressure.
That day after she had woken up, and was really happy,she was playing really well.She likes to play by herself, but, I always have to be in the same room.But, this day she took off and went and played in the shower and then came to say hi to me and then left and went into the office.She has never done this!!! I was talking on the phone just amazed that she was playing so good.I told Lindsay the story and she thinks that presley could hear me, she heard my voice while I was on the phone and felt safe to leave me and venture out on her own.I will never know if this is true, but I hope it is the case and that she will now be able to finally feel better.




17 comments:

Kristen said...

What Lindsay said totally make sense! Maybe before you always had to be within sight because she couldnt here. Im glad she can move on from this now. I totally read c janes update and I cried to, I will be exciting to see Nies recovery from here on out.

Kristy Treible said...

I am so happy she finally got the tubes!! You will tell a major difference. She is so adorable. She totally looks like Rocs in that picture. Love ya!

Lindsay Jones said...

Great day! Hopefully she will feel so much better! Thank goodness for modern medicine! Love you guys! Can't wait for you to get here!

☂niki. said...

i'm so glad everything went well. i love that little presley girl! she looks like a little monkey in that picture! she is such a cutie! oh the things mothers have to go through! you are such a good mama!

Jami said...

mandi. I schedualed Graces tubs for oct 28th. I wish I could get in sooner, because I think she is getting an infection right now...but that was their first avalible! I am so excited to get them in. I feel so bad when she is just sitting on the floor "DIGGING" in her ears with her fingers. She has such a hard time sleeping, and she is so clingie. I feel like once she gets them in, and doesn't have pain all the time she will be a whole different little girl.

Eliza said...

I thank my lucky stars that my children have not had ear infections, I can only imagine how awful it has been for you. You have all my sympathy. Now she can get some relief and you can too.

Lindsay Jones said...

Like mother, like daughter! your going through exactly what I went through with you, I know how hard it is to live with a sick little baby. I think this is the answer, Presley will do much better now! I miss my babies, I cant wait for your visit! Im counting down the days until you get here. I love you infinity xoxo THIS IS GRANDMOMMY BY THE WAY

Grandmommy Crum said...

hey hey sis its lex..ah my poor presley! i miss her so much! that picture of her made me miss her a lot. that makes me so sad that all this had to happen! i think i had to have that happen to me when i was little and look how good i turned out... :) ha im playin im not a fred ha but i miss you guys like crazy! i want to kiss my leelee and rocs! cant wait for you to come! kiss my babies till i can! lovelove infinity

Michelle said...

Hey Mandi! I am glad that she is feeling much better. Dan can relate he has had ear infections and tubes alot. I heard that you were writing a children's book, that is so amazing. I would be happy to read it and take a look. I don't know if I am very good but I am happy to do it, and it is always good to get different opinions. My email is: michelleinmesa@yahoo.com, Love you!

Jill said...

Mandi, Now she is living life! She probably thinks life is pretty good now. I am so glad she is happier. You are such a great patient momma!

Shan said...

Yeah!!! A peace of mind!!!
She looks adorable in the pic.

Hayley said...

Yeah for Presley! what a relief that is all over with such a happy ending :) I love reading your blog Mandi- it is always so heartfelt and full of wisdom :)

Alli said...

I don't think there is a cuter face than that!! Oh she is so cute I just want to squeeze her!! I am so glad that she is doing better now! The poor thing but now she will be a whole new woman haha. I love her so much and I miss your sweet babies! I can't wait for you to come so we can hang out all day and I can kiss on them!! You are such a great mom and such a great example to me! I wish I could be more like you!! I love you so much Mandi and I think about you all the time.I'm so glad you are my sister and that you laugh at me and make me feel funny :) I think I'm funny and sometimes no one else does. So when no one laughs at my jokes I don't feel to bad cause I think to myself well, if Mandi was here she would laugh! Love you!!

Tara said...

Nothing like a happy baby! Cute pic!

Great Scott's! said...

Oh Mandi what a little sweet heart she is! Oh my heart goes out to you and your family, the ears can be a very scary business. I'm glad she got the tubes and hope all goes well from here on out, I hear those can make the biggest difference as is apparent. I love your blog it's way fun to read.

Lyle and Jaime said...

How sad! I hope this changes things for her little world! It sounds like it already has! I agree with Lindsay, she could hear you and felt comfortable knowing you were still there even if she couldn't see you. Good for her! (and you)

Jen Harvey (Brenner) said...

awwww poor baby!!!! im glad everything went well tho. you are such a great mommy, i hope im at least half the great mommy that you are!