Saturday, November 22, 2008

Being a mother is by far the most rewarding and difficult thing I have ever had to do. My children are my greatest joys in life and yet so exhausting. How can this all be?
Lately I wonder where my little girl has gone,while we were on vacation she was a nightmare crying all the time , wouldn't let me sit down, tried to get away from me and then you put her down and that didn't make her happy and she would scream some more. I couldn't win. I felt defeated ,emotional ,frustrated, exhausted, sad. I didn't know what to do. She got another ear infection,which marks 2 post tubes. What is going on! Why all the problems?
We get home from vacation and she is a different baby, fun ,happy, so dang cute.Well,four days later here come the runny nose, and with that always comes cranky. So here we go again. I am at a loss. I am praying fervently each night,for an answer of what I need to do. I plead for patience, for help,anything! I finally get the impression to take her to the doctor. Not, really knowing exactly why I am taking her. On the phone with the office I am almost in tears,because I feel at such a loss and so bad for all the discomfort Presley is in. They get me scheduled for Fiday, so here we go, another appointment.
I tell the doctor with my shaky voice all the troubles we have been experiencing. He looks at me with concerned eyes and proceeds with the exam. Right ear... looks good. Left ear...... oh wow..... ooohhhh.... oh this ear is all backed up! Lets do some more tests. We head to the back to get her hearing checked. Left ear hearing is down. Not good. So,I say what do we do ,why is this happening after just having the tubes for 2 months. He explains to me that her pipes are just small. There is no way for the fluid to drain and the opening is still to small. So,he wants to go in and put 2 tubes in the left ear and remove her adnoids.What are adnoids? I guess they are part of your lymph system that helps all things drain. After a year of life you don't really need them anymore, because we have so many other lymphs that can take over and do the draining.
So, this is the recommendation,we need to make more room to allow for the fluid to be able to drain. I sigh silently,like maybe this is the answer,maybe We can have our baby back,maybe my sweet baby can feel better and not be so irratable.
I don't know what the outcome will be. But. I feel better knowing that something is wrong and I am not a crazy mother that dosen't know how to deal with her moody baby. I know she has a stubborn personality and part of this is coming out as she get older,but this is different. She has her good moments and the screaming is not all the time,but when you hear it you would know. I want her to feel better and to be able to happy and enjoy her life.
In the grand scheme of things this is not that big of a deal. and I know this. I thank the Lord for healthy chidren,because they are.This is fixable and we will be able to move forward. I would take her pain if I could. I would do anything for her,so hopefully this can all be part of steps toward a happier , healthier Presley.




On the other hand,I was able to get a ponytail on Presley. Her hair is getting thick in the back,but still not a whole lot on top.










I love you Presley and I am so thankful that you are ours. I want you to feel better,soon angel soon.


14 comments:

Tara said...

Oh she is just too dang cute to go through all that trouble, poor baby. Well, at least you listened to your prompting, sounds like it is going to pay off. Gosh, I hear your pain, nothing is more frustrating/confusing/sad/helpless feeling than a sick child. I just got over a two week cold and I felt pretty bad for myself, so I can't imagine what you have had to deal with. Love Presley's smile and hoops.

Alli said...

K first off that picture of little Pres looks just like Rocco!! I know that she always looks like him but I had to take a double take cause I thought you put a hoop earing in little Rocs ear! I'm not kidding. I died laughing! They are so twins its CRAZY! and second you are such a great mother and I have always thought you were one of the most patient people I know! You are such a great mother and presley is lucky to have you! poor thing her little ears. But I know everything will work out and she will feel good as new in no time! Love you guys and miss you like crazy! COME HOME! please please please!

eddy the reds said...

very nice blog

Kristen said...

I LOVE THE NUBBY TAIL...however, she does look just like Rocco with hair pulled back and no bow. I know that because you are taking action, the Lord will bless you and hopefully some of Presleys pain will be eased. I can relate to the feeling of not knowing your own child, I think all moms can. I hope she feels better before you come back down so shes not a grinch for the holidays!!!

Kristy Treible said...

I love the ponytail! I understand your frustration and pain for Presley it seems like there is always something, but you are a great Mom keep going with your promtings and she will be just fine.

Grandmommy Crum said...

I love my Precley,like mother, like daughter! I know how your feeling, every part of it!!! I know how hard it is!!!!! You will get through this, if only I could help you, phone calls are not enough, you need a little break! If you need to hide in your room at times it ok! I think your on the right track, dont ever second guess yourself, you know your baby best! Your children picked you to be their mother because you would take care of every need best! Can you believe you can get a little pony tail in Precleys hair, this is the beginning of hair do's by Mandi! Pretty soon she'll be sleeping in pink sponge rollers!!! What a doll baby! Hang in there it will get better, you did!!!love infinity xoxo

Suz said...

Mandi lou-
When my little brother was actually little (he just turned 32) he was CONSTANTLY sick. Seriously, when my mother recalls his life on antibiotics I have to eat yogurt garnished with extra acidophilous for a week to get rid of my own diarrhea. It is rediculous how many ear infections, tubes, and illnesses he had. I think he had his tonsils taken out 7 times!
A few Christmas's ago he gave my mother a picture of a woman holding her baby (who had a tear rolling off his cheek) while looking out a window. On the back he wrote her the story of being a young child (honestly, the story he recalled, he couldn't have been older than 2). He remembered being in excruciating pain from his ears. He said that he remembered crying so hard and through his tears he could only see my mother's sillohette. The only thing that consoled him was her touch and kind voice. He thanked her for loving him which helped him through a painful time in his life. It is remarkable that a mother's love for her own is so touching that even a man can recall the debths of it as a baby.
One day that sweet little Presley girl will honor you for that gift you have given her. She will make all of your worries and sleepless nights seem like an event to celebrate. She and little Roccs are lucky to have you. I hope you have a dozen more just like yourself... spunky and determined and full of love to gift... it takes them far- look what it has done for you. Are you coming for Thanksgiving?

☂niki. said...

oh, mandi. it must be so hard. especially on you. you are someone who wants to take all the troubles of the world onto yourself so nobody has to feel them. this is much more apparent with your children. you are such an amazing mother. this will all work out. you know this. i love you so much. thank you so much for your sweet encouraging words to me. i'm proud to be your sister!

Michelle said...

Mandi, I can't even imagine the stress and worry that you must be feeling. You are such a great mom! Good thing that you went to the doctor you would have never found out that her ears weren't really draining even with the tubes, it's amazing to me. I love her pony tail she is so darling, it looks like one I did on Rex when is hair was pretty long!

Itsagirlsworld said...

Oh Mandi my heart feels your pain. I can remember this with brianna. Then took her to have tubes put in her ears only to have her look at me as if I was abandoning her. Your little Presley is precious!!!! Girls are great. I can't wait to have Sommer have her first girl. She called me early this morning to ask me "how do you know if your water broke"? I had to tell her I'm not sure cuz when mine broke it wasn't a big gush or anything you would think. She's not due til Dec 20th though. She's been dialated to a 1 and more than 50% efaced for about a week . GIRLS are the best.

Lindsay Jones said...

I love you! You are the best Mom and your sweet Presley will feel better soon! She is so blessed to have you as a mother!

Jen Harvey (Brenner) said...

ooooooohhhh Mandi you make my eyes fill up! You are BEYOND a wonderful mommy. Pres and Roc did a good job picking you out! I cant tell you I understand how you feel, but I sympathize with you and will keep you and Pres in my prayers! The closest thing I can relate to as far as worrying about someone you love being in pain (and a pain in the butt) is when my mom had the flu and was sooooo sick and she was running to the bathroom to throw up. She didnt make it....she threw up in the middle of the kitchen floor, slipped right into it and landed on her back! HAHAHAHHAA i'm sorry that is nothing like your situation, its just really funny :)

Todd and Jacy Skouson said...

She is just the cutest ever! That's exciting her hair can fit into a little pont tail. :) I love ya tons

Barbie said...

Having sick kids is the worst. It makes you feel so helpless. When Anna was in the hospital with menengitis, all I could do was watch her in agony. Now we know how the Father felt to watch His Son. He is there for us to lift us and help us. You know this from your prompting. Keep praying. He will strengthen you. You are doing a wonderful job. I see the light in your kids eyes. They love their mother. You are so precious. Her hair reminds me of Katie as a little girl. He hair grew in as a mullett. Love the ponytail!