Monday, November 17, 2008

Black Sausage.....

Now, I don't really remember to much these days,so Mom forgive me if this is wrong,but... I didn't grow up where we had a big breakfeast all the time, I remember Saturdays and Sundays Mom made a nice breakfeast.But. school days we had cereal or eggo waffles or whatever was fast and easy. However Mike loves to have breakfeast,he loves bisquits and gravy, eggs and some kind of meat. So, not being used to making these kinds of things, I have learned to adapt and on Sundays and Mondays(Mike's days off) I try to make a nice breakfeast.
I am not very good at cooking sausge links. They are angry suckers, they splash grease on you and make a greasy mess everywhere.I tend to over cook them, in fear of them being raw. Which I have done that before too.
Anyway, I had to go out with the sister missionaries this morning, so Mike started cooking breakfeast,sausage links,which Rocco loves and eats gobs of. As mike started cooking them, he put them in a pot to boil, which I guess is the trick to fully cooked and then browing them in a pan, when they are boiling they turn kind of white, back to the story... Rocco sees these and yells out "daddy, I want black sausage" I started cracking up. He wanted black sausage because that is how they always look when I cook them. I looked over at Mike and we both laughed. Sorry Rocs they aren't supposed to be black.


Just a side note, Mike then says, are you gonna blog about this? Yes I do feel like this was a blog worthy moment.

8 comments:

Lindsay Jones said...

That is funny!! I love the kid!!!

Gail said...

That's so funny Mandy...Mike sounds just like Steve about blogging! "Are you gonna blog about that" I get that all the time:). P.S. my father in law loves the microwave sausage...no burning or boiling!

Itsagirlsworld said...

Out of the mouths of BABES. Kids can say the funniest things. How are you doing Mandi??

☂niki. said...

man, rocco sure is coming up with some great quotes!

Grandmommy Crum said...

Yes your memory is correct, I have not been much Of a breakfast maker, so sorry! Please dont take me on a talk show! Breakfast has never been my thing, never enough time for that chore! Or always pregnant and couldnt handle the smells! My Rocco is too cute for words! Its funny how we tend to love how our moms make our food! Nothing better then black sausage! I love you infinity xoxo P.S. you can take me on a talk show and tell the world how much I love my family!

Suz said...

I love that you post funny things that your kids say. Somebody told me to write down the funny things that my kids say and I did with Cole, but I didn't with my others. I didn't think I would ever forget them. When I look back in Cole's book of funny things he said, I laugh and remember them and usually I can even hear his little voice saying them. You will love that! Black sausage...

Tara said...

Too cute! I love blogging for this reason now you have record of it, and we all get to enjoy it!

Alexa Mae said...

hahaha what a smart kid!! he is just too cute!! we were never big breakfast people growing up, and i still dont care for it. but it's chellis' favorite. i have yet to cook sausage, so when i do i will keep this post in mind.