Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Past

I'll have to admit, I feel as though I have given Birth and the post partum is setting. I feel sad that Christmas is over. I love the feeling in the air,the music, the goodies,and everything about the holidays. I love the kids being excited and me being excited for them and then just like THAT! it's over.I have to take down the tree and the music is off the radio every day, I feel a little depressed. Being away from my family this Christmas was a little foreign,No noise ,well more than we usually have,is what I missed,but it was still lovely. I tried to recreate the Christmas eve dinner that I was used to, shrimp cocktail,cheesy potatoes, salad with homemade ranch, and a lovely cut of meat, followed by a delicious peach cobbler. It was divine and we ate and ate and I am still eating. I gotta get back on track.
Christmas morning was fun and the kids loved ripping open there parcels to find some goodies
Presley couldn't quite rip the paper , so she would grunt and hand it to me to get it started. She was a joy and rocco didn't care what was inside ,he just wanted another one to open.
I sent Mike on a wild goose chase to find his collection of cds he was so badly wanting,he didn't think it was as funny as I did.
We ended our night with a trip to the cinema to see Deperaux,of which I can't say if it was good or not beacuse, Pres wasn't very interested, so we were in the halls playing and people watching.
All though I am a little blue,Christmas was lovely and I am so grateful for all those who love us and our kids and spoil us so much. Thankyou everyone for making our holidays so special.Muuuuah!!!!







Christmas morning!We got to sleep until 8:30,Iknow this won't last but, It felt great
This is my centerpiece I made, I got some flowers at Costco and I tried to create, and this is the creation!

This toy car from grandma Collins is a hit,they love pushing eachother!


Pres loves slippers,so Santa brought her some Elmo ones


Mimi got this art set for Rocs and he was trying to show it off



Mike and Rocco are off to the cabin for a few days and Presley and I are having girl time till Wednesday, anyone who wants to play,I'm up for it. I am hoping to get some projects done and have Christmas put away,we will see how proactive I am.



10 comments:

☂niki. said...

It is sad, isn't it? Well, atleast it we know it will always return in a year. We missed you guys! Glad you had a good Christmas!

Kristy Treible said...

Looks like you all had a fun christmas. I can't believe it has come and gone already. I am glad you get some mother daughter time together. Call me we are home!

Jessica said...

So up for Girl time. Glad you had a good Christmas! Call me this week. We can play!

Tara said...

That's the nice thing about blogging, you get to savor Christmas just a little bit longer...Great to see the kids so cute and excited, you really captured the fun of it!

Shan said...

I miss you more and ore everytime I check your blog!! I am glad you guys had a good Christmas, ours was the opposite it was noisy!! Lots of family, we missed the afternoon nap!!
I love Presleys hat in the other post!! Where did you get it?

Unknown said...

I love that you recreated granny's dinner. We did the same minus the shrimp. I love your centerpiece! Granny would be proud. I can't believe it is over already either, way too fast.

Grandmommy Crum said...

We missed your sweet family sooooo much! I love that you went all out for your family, thats how its suppose to be, their the most important ones to do it all for! Granny would be proud of all of us, she has taught us many great talents hasnt she! I wish I could play, this working crap really gets in the way, and being poor is rather boring! Oh well, we cherish what we get! Lets just plan when your coming next, cant wait... LOve infinity xoxo

Grandmommy Crum said...

We missed your sweet family sooooo much! I love that you went all out for your family, thats how its suppose to be, their the most important ones to do it all for! Granny would be proud of all of us, she has taught us many great talents hasnt she! I wish I could play, this working crap really gets in the way, and being poor is rather boring! Oh well, we cherish what we get! Lets just plan when your coming next, cant wait... LOve infinity xoxo

Grandmommy Crum said...

OOPS!

Suz said...

Christmas isn't over... it never ends silly! Just think of it like this... in only 11 months, we will be doing this all over again! Can you believe how amazing Christmas got with the magic that children bring? This year the tree is stayen' up... all year!