Sunday, December 14, 2008

Life sure gets crazy around the holidays,but this is what we have been up to.



Our tree has been decorated since Thanksgiving and the kids love it. Their little eyes light up at all the bulbs and sparkle,and it makes the holidays that much more fun.
In our first year of marriage,we bought as a cheapy tree at Walmart,$25, it is a 6 footer,so on the small side. I thought maybe later we would get a bigger tree, well later has come and gone and I still have a 6 footer. I have made do though and have made a box with a shelf in the middle of the box, for the tree to stand on. It raises the tree at least a foot and I got to decorate the box, like a present. I love it! I had it made 2 years ago, and this is my first year actually using,because of moving and whatever else.



Last night was the ward party, Rocco threw up there, so we quickly left. He looked so miserable,I feel so bad. On the way home he told me" I throw up on my sweater, in my mouth, and on my sweater, mama."

This is Prelsey the day of her surgry. She did really well. The Dr. put 2 tubes in each ear and then removed her adnoids. Ever since the surgery she has done great. This morning she woke up with green bugers, so I will cross my fingers that all goes well.


I put her little hair in piggytails. I thought it looked so cute with some little blue bows, however we went out to eat and the server asked, what do the boys want for dinner, for real people!,does she look like a boy with hoops in her ears, and when they took her back for surgery, they said oh he'll be just fine. She had pink on a and a kitty on her jammies. Here bows are what give her , her gender I guess. Both times she was mistaken for a boy she didn't have a bow. I can't wait for her hair to grow in.







11 comments:

Grandmommy Crum said...

Oh how I love my babies!!! Rocco looks like he feels terrible, poor thing, I hope he feels better! Presley is too cute with her piggy tails, no she could never look like a boy, people can be so dumb sometimes! Your tree is beautiful, it could be in a boutique, your so talented!!!! I want more pictures of the kids, I can never get enough!!! LOve infinity xoxoxox

Grandmommy Crum said...

P.S. I really can see my little Mandi girl in Presley, shes looking more like her Momma, Also tonight we saw old videos of christmas at granny's. I think it was 1988 and 1989, we could see Rocco in you, it was so fun to see, Dad was his funny self! Julie said she is going to somehow make copies for us! Dad had a mullet in 1988, gross, but oh so good to see him, I miss him, we miss him!! Love infinity xoxo

Natalie said...

Sorry your kids are sick. We missed Rocco in Nursery today. Let me know if I can help. Your talk was so good today-good job!

Suz said...

Sorry to post this via E{nternet} (aka: E[veryone can read]).. but I just read your post and then climbed onto my soapy box~ so here she goes... SOme people are seriously about as observant as a fruit fly. C'mon... Presley probably had on pink something too! I will never forget Bailey being sick and I took her to the doctor... they took her temp... (you know how fun that is for babes... rectally.) So I put her diaper back on, completely imbarrassed for the child, and the moron asked me, "now how old is he again?" UMMMMM... Okay sister... I left there thinking she might be as bright as a hunk of mold. So I've learned that even though we all orbit the same sun, we aren't necessarily on the same planet. Go figure?
I love that little tree. Atleast your decorations are amazing... Mine is homemade delight. My kids slap every thing they can put a hook on onto it. One day I'll have a department store tree and wish for homemade decor... sigh...
Sorry about the sickies... Welcome winter, ey?!
Good to talk to you the other day!
Hugs.

Kristen said...

The tree looks awesome and the box looks cooler than I imagined!! Brodys sitting here with me and he said, "mamma, look it, Rocco sick!" Im laughing right now! He knew just from looking at the pic! I hope he feels better soon!

Tara said...

Your kids are so cute, and your tree is magical. Speaking of calling girls boys, Scarlet got called a him today. Oh gosh it kills me! Presley couldn't be a cuter little girl-trust me.

Lindsay Jones said...

Your tree is beautiful! You didn't tell me Rocco threw up! Poor Kid! Presley is most defineately a girl no doubt about it! One time my friends girl got called a boy and she just went along with it, she thought that was easier! I love you! I hope today is a wonderful day!

☂niki. said...

love the tree and box!! so, so cute!! and clever!

poor little rocs! that breaks my heart! i miss hearing him yell my name and having him run to hug me.

people are crazy! presley is one of the cutest girls i've ever seen! how could they mistake her for a boy?!

i miss you guys! tell mike happy birthday for me!

Alexa Mae said...

love your page! and your tree!! you are definitely a crum girl with your decorating skills. hey i saw on taras blog that you said you wanted some pedi peds. i actually have some in 18-24 months that were way to small for maddix. what size does presley wear?? they aren't scarletts print but they are black and silver! so cute. let me know!

Alexa Mae said...

girl for you they are free99. i have had them for months and months and never sent them back and i know i never will. i have been waiting for the perfect princess to give them to. even if they dont fit her yet, you can save em!! ill drop them by your moms or lindsays, or i can mail em to ya??

Kristy Treible said...

The tree looks great!Did you take any pictures while you were here??