Monday, April 28, 2008

my new rug

This my new rug, I got the other day. I was in quite the quandry when I went to go pick a new one. I bought a blue and brown one first and some new pillows and came home and set it all up and ....... I didn't like it. As mom says , it didn't work with my spirit. It wasn't warm enough. So I had to go back and get this one,and I love it. It is warm and comfortable and it fits with my house. It makes me happy when I see it. When I get up in the middle of the night to get Presley , it makes me smile even then. I guess that means I picked the right one.
'

This is what I found the other day on the side of the rode. I thought it had potential so I threw it in my car and then painted it it up and vuala, a new thing for me. I thought about taking a picture of and putting on the old owners home and showing him what he could of had, but I guess I'll just be happy that I have it.
Since this picture I have added some new hardware . I temporarily placed these things on till, I get more nic nacs. But you get the point. I have caught the bug, of finding a good deal or finding it free, I will post about my garage sell purchases soon. Thanks Linds for being contagious.

8 comments:

Anniebanannie said...

Oh I totally do the same thing with buying accessories for my home. I bought 3 different pairs of lamps for my bedroom, brought them all home tried each one, took a picture with each one, then decided on one pair. A little crazy.

Lindsay Jones said...

Yay, Pictures! Yay it looks great! yay it makes you smile! I love it! woohoo on garage saleing! Now maybe we can go thrifiting together when you get here! Love you!

Shan said...

I love both of them!!! Great eye on the table. It looks great!! Your house is always cute, you have such a good eye for things!!!

☂niki. said...

mandi, i love the rug! my curtains will go perfectly with it, in fact, they look exactly like those pillows! hooray! and i love that the bug bit you! fun times ahead for us!

Jill said...

Mandi, Love the rug! I have had my eye on that rug for awhile now! i love those colors! It matches the paint color in my living room. It looks so good! Your entry way is so cute! Thanks for calling me today! You make me smile! Cant wait to see you! Love ya!

Alexa Mae said...

i love that rug and what you did with that stand!! you kill me with your craftiness!!

Tara said...

Mandi your house looks so cute, cozy, and clean! Nice job! See you next week...are you staying dark?

cyndi said...

That is so awesome!!! I wish I could do that. I am too scared it wouldn't turn out! I can't wait to see what else you do!!!