Monday, July 21, 2008

gramps 80th b-day

this past weekend we went up to Utah to celebrate Mike's Grandpas 80th birthday. We got together with all the family and went camping up in the mountains. We had a great time and we were able to honor Gramps, he is so amazing, I have never met a man that is old in years, but you would never know by the way he acted. He dosen't hardly sit during the day, he is active and is willing to help whenever anyone asks. We have called upon him many times and without hesitation he is here to help. He still gets on the floor and plays with the kids and he is so loving.With both Mike and I having our dads pass away, it is nice that my kids still have a great grandpa that is agile and wants to play.


Grams and gramps

Mike and his brother had on similar outfits, so it was definately a photo op


It hailed on the 2nd day we were there and it looked like snow


Mike told me that since we were campng,it would be dumb if I got all done up, so this is the result.I took Presley on a quad ride, and this her big green head.She was a little heavy in the head and her head kept drooping,she loved it!



I might not get done up, but who says your kids can't look cute in the mountains. I got some greif about all her different headbands, since everyone was making a big deal about it I was more motivated to keep them on her.

8 comments:

Shan said...

And they are always the cutest headbands ever!!! I think you look great without makeup!! Way to go, showing off that picture.

☂niki. said...

presley is so cute in her helmet! as soon as I saw the last adorable pic of her i thought about how done up she looked and then i read the caption. it was funny that i was thinking what you wrote before i read it. has mike been working out?

Kristy Treible said...

i am so glad that you posted a picture with you in it. i think you look great! looks like you had a great family time. no pics of Rocco??

Lindsay Jones said...

looks like fun stuff. When Presley has her helmet on, she looks a lot more like you, I think its the eyes. So cute!

Alexa Mae said...

i cant believe how big presley is getting!! she is beautiful!! she looks like the happiest little baby! i love that helmet on her, she is a doll!!

Clarissa Wilstead said...

I love it, I love it I love it. BTW, you're SO coming to Girls Night Out - I don't care if you haven't read the books, you coming!

Kristen said...

I swear Prestley in that helmet is in my top five funny babies list! Her little sweater was so cute too! And you look beautiful dolled up or not!

Michelle said...

Hey Mandi! Yeah it's great now that we will be able to keep in touch through blogging. Your kids are so adorable, it blows my mind how much they have grown up! I am glad that I can at least see you and your family through pictures.
Love,
Mich