Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Babies

Do, you ever have those days when you just feel bugged, tired,cranky and a case of the blahs. Well that was my day today. It seemed to go on and on and I couldn't shake it.Now that the days is over and the kids are sleeping, I can finally breathe.I love being a mom and having ny babies. Today was a the one of the first times Rocco and Presley played together. He would throw the ball to her and she would crawl so fast to get it.She would finally reach it and throw it back, it wouldn't go far but it was the fact that she tried that made her so pleased with herself. Rocco loved it and Presley was Laughing and having a blast. This is why you have more than one child, because they have fun with each other and they aare friends

Also, I have mastered the task of putting Presley to sleep, awake and she falls asleep on her own, and not even crying. I never thought that would happen to me,I always rocked my babies to sleep, gently put them in their bed, hoping to do so smoothly enough not to disturb their slumber, just to have them wake up 3 hours later wondering why they weren't in my arms anymore. This lead to Rocco's sleep troubles that have taken me well into his 2 years of life to correct. So, I guess today should've been a good with all things considering. I took some sweet pics of the kids but they are kind of dark so you may have to use your imagination.





8 comments:

Kristen said...

I love how dark the pics are...it sort of gives it a sepia tone. You are such a good mommy and those kids always want to be in your arms because you are there best friend!!

Jill said...

Hey Mandi! Thanks for the comment on my blog I was kinda hurt! Ha! Just Kidding!!!! No I wasnt! Sounds like you are doing great getting Presley to sleep by herself. I will find Abigail in her bed awake and content with herself. I think it is so important for them to learn how to go to sleep on their own. It gives them confidence and independence with themselves. Abigail still cries for a few minutes when I put her down but I recognize the tired cry and let her work it out. Then there are some days that I hold her and she is comfortable and still and then I lie her down and she falls asleep without crying. She is still sleeping through the night. I didn't know if it would continue but it has. I am just waiting for the teething nights when she is crying and miserable over the teeth coming in. By then Marcus will be home! I love you so much! Thanks for always being so sweet to me and loving me the way you do!
Jill

Jill said...

p.s. Presley looks a lot like Avry there to me. The pictures are adorable. Rocco is such a stud!

Shan said...

so beautiful!!!! I love when I feel like I hit a milestone with the kids. It is great when they figure things out for themselves!!!! I miss a tons!!!

☂niki. said...

oh my goodness!!! they just get cuter by the day!! i love love love the pic of them together! that is so precious! i hope you frame that and put it up in your house. they are looking more alike every day too! i'm such a proud auntie!

Alli said...

Those pictures are so sweet! I miss those babies so much! I can't wait to see you guys!! I don't think there is anything cuter in the world then when a big brother is sweet to his little sister!

BRANSON and TIFFANY PEASE said...

Your children are absolutelly adorable!! it was so great to see you and the kids yesterday, you are such a wonderful mommy. I love and miss you guys!

BRANSON and TIFFANY PEASE said...

oops mandi this is jennifer im logged onto my friends' page haha but it is from me!