Wednesday, August 13, 2008

One year older and wiser too!Happy Birthday to, you

from the moment I wanted to have another baby,I wanted to have a girl,they came so naturally and I knew girls best.For the first 5 months of being pregnant I threw up every day.I felt awful and I really struggled each day,after the sickness wore off I was really able to enjoy my pregnancy.I love feeling the baby move and feeling the kicks that are so big you see them from the outside.We decided that we wanted to induce preganacy so that Mike could be off for a week, with vacation. We went in at 4am on Aug 13th and started the process.I had my epidural early on, so by the time I was ready to push, I was still numb to the pain, but I could still feel.This was the most incredible feeling to feel her come out of me and see her for the first time.They layed her on my tummy and she was so alert.She wanted to see the world.That night in the hospital was so strange to have another baby, but so wonderful. We took her home and she was just an angel.She would wake to eat and then go back to sleep.When she was about 6 weeks old we decided to move here to Bakersfield.That is when the ear infections started, one day I was feeding her and saw crusty stuff coming out of her ear,I called the dr and they said bring her in right away.Sure enough,her ear drum had burst,and it was so sad. Every month after that she got another one.But when she wasn't with an ear infection,she was such a good baby.Now they have seemed to tapper off and she is so fun.She is so smiley and so easy to love.Her new skills these days are saying"uh-oh, mama,woah", she can wave ,jump,clap,dance,and best of all, she can fall asleep on her own.She is so close to walking I am sure it will be happening any day.I love getting her up in the morning, because she has such a big smile on her face,I miss her, so it it is fun to hold her and squeeze her.I love being a mother,it is my greatest calling.I know I have shortcomings,but I try to be better every day.I hope that I am half as good of a mom as my own mother.Happy Birthday Presley

This is the night before I had her,it's crazy that she was once was in there











7 comments:

Alli said...

oooo she is so dang cute I can't take it! She is such a happy baby and I just love her! I am a sucker for those big baby blue eyes! Happy Birthday Presley girl we love you and our family wouldn't be the same without you!

Kristy Treible said...

Happy Birthday Presley!

Shan said...

I just can't get over how beautifyl she is!! Happy Birthday, Presley!!!!

We are leaving next Wed. So I will let you know when we change our phone numbers!!

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Presley!!That pic in the hospital with her and Rocco is so dang cute...hes kinda squishing her face! Just wait till shes walking, she'll grow up so fast and you'll be ready for another one!! HA HA HA

Lindsay Jones said...

We love you so much Presley! We are excited to see you, even if it is only for a few hours!!

☂niki. said...

I don't know anyone who could look at that girl and not smile! She just brings a huge smile to my face every time I see her. She is such a sweet spirit. I fell in love with her the moment I saw her in the hospital. I have always loved her but I love her even more that I can finally feel her love me back. She is so fun now and it makes me so happy that she will play with me and let me hold her. She is so beautiful and she looks just like her mama. She really has a weapon with those baby blues! They get me every time! And I love her raspy voice. She is so lucky to have such an amazing mother who loves her so much. I look up to you so much and I learn a lot of great ways to be a mother from you. You are so patient and so loving and I can see that you want so badly for you kids to do what is right. You don't let them get the easy way out, which is so hard to do, but so beneficial for your kids. You are amazing! Love you guys! Happy birthday lee lee!

Tara said...

Wow she is so adorable! I can't believe how fast the time flies! Wish I knew your babies better, thank goodness for blogs!