Monday, August 4, 2008

weight loss challenge

So I know all you mothers out there can relate to how I am feeling, but do ever look at yourself in the mirror and wonder"what the heck happened to my body!"I feel when I am nursing that it is really hard for me to loose weight. I guess my body still thinks I am pregnant and holds onto some lbs, just for the fun of it. I have 9 days till I am done and I can't wait to see if this is really the case.I secretly hope I will wake up the next morning after the last time I nurse Presley, and I will magically shed some pounds.I don't know how to switch her over to milk,I give it to her and she spits it out,any suggestions are welcome. Anyway,so I am sick of hating my body and being that girl that gained weight after high school. So a couple of months ago at our ward auction ,I won a 30 day pass to the gym.I have been holding off on using it till I was done nursing and now the time has come! I started today,a new me, a better way of life. I want to feel healthy and I want to feel good and look good. I want this for me, and I really want to fit in my favorite pair of grey chino pants from Jay Crew.I did it once I can do it again. So, I decided if I blogged about it, I would hold myself more accountable. I will post my weekly weight loss and can use all the healthy recipes anyone wants to reccomend. My goal is to loose at least 15pounds by the end of september hopefully more so that we can take family pictures and I won't sit and say ooh yuck I look fat, I know that is so annoying to hear that, that's why I don't want to say it anymore. After my 30 days at the gym, I'll be on my own to doing it at home. Paying for a membership and 2 kids in the child care is crazy expensive. So here i go!!!!!

10 comments:

Kristen said...

Thundercats a go!! I swear as soon as I catch up on sleep Im all over this weight loss thing! However im not dumb enough to post my stats but I give you mad props!!

Kristen said...

I rub the eyebrow thing because I never get to see you hence, I never get to razz you!! I dont think your dumb ,for posting your weight, i didnt mean it like that and i even put some batting in my blankie...it was really soft! Thanks! I think your a trophy wife too... we should start a club

Anniebanannie said...

You go girl! I'll be cheering you along:)

Hobbie said...

i have been talking about joining a gym for the last 6 months....and still I haven't done a thing about it. Good for you! Hopefully I can get going and motivated like you.
And thanks for your comment, it meant a lot to me and I feel the same about all of you. :)

Kristy Treible said...

You go girl!!

Shan said...

Power to ya!! That is awesome, you will keep me going too. I will try to work out with you, all the way over here!! Thanks for be a motivator, lets stick together!!

☂niki. said...

You can do eeeet. (Water boy voice)

diana said...

good luck! i, too can't lose weight while nursing. in fact, i'm constantly starving and end up gaining weight. ugh.

Great Scott's! said...

Mandi dear I wouldn't be so brave to blog that my self, but now that you let the cat out of the bag........I wonder where I went everyday! I used to work out so hard and had tone and firmness and now I feel like that awkward friend you knew so well in junior high, with no waist and no definition of joints, arg the babies. Good luck and more power to ya! I think I just want to be on the next "The Biggest Loser" I luv ya and miss ya btw

Anonymous said...

Way to go you!! It's so hard but don't weigh yourself and use alot of sunless tanner. It gives you the illusion that it's working faster and I find it motivating. Oh and Adam's rule is protien before your workout and carbs after. He explained it all to me but I just smile and nod. Oh and when you switch to home work outs I really like Billy Blanks Blast the Fat workout. Crazy stuff!!