Thursday, January 15, 2009

laundry

Dear Laundry,
I hate you! You are never done and when I think you are done,someone takes a shower and just adds more to the pile.You are like a bad habit,you are just always there.You know that commercial,I think it is for "swifter", where the old mop keeps peeking around the corner or rings the doorbell and someone is seranading "Baby Come Back", That is what you are doing to me. You must love me so much,you just want me to put you in the warm tub of soapy water and then get whirled around in a tub full of warm air. What ever your reason,I wish you would cut me some slack.Please. And then you expect me to fold you and put you away. You are asking a lot from me!



Towels are the worst!

I try to organize you and make it easier,and this helps,but, for once I would love it if the hamper just stayed empty .


You love to get all dry and warm



But, first you had to take that soapy bath

There is one good thing about you though, you smell so fresh and clean when you are done and how nice it is when a warm towel is thrown around you or to crawl in a freshly made bed with clean sheets. That is the Best.
Although I hate you,I love you at the same time.We wouldn't be anywhere without you. I guess I just have to accept that my life will forever consit of you. So I guess I will say to you Mr Laundry, see you everyday and we will be friends forever,or is it enemies?




15 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are amazing~ Award for Best Blog Ever!! Oh how I l love you Mandi. BTW: this is so unbelievably true!!!

☂niki. said...

hahahahaha

Grandmommy Crum said...

You crack me up! You are funny! You dont show that you hate Mr. Laundry, your wash is always kept up! Your the best house keeper I know! Your the best!! Just think I made you, Im patting myself on the back!!!!! Love infinity xoxoxo

Tara said...

Too cute and creative! I'm weird though, I actually like laundry and I even have to go accross the street to do it! But, Mr. Dust keeps piling up and oh, how I hate when he visits.

Lindsay Jones said...

Amen sista!! I loath laundry! but my new washer is helping a teeny tiny bit.

Kristen said...

I think this is top 5 funniest post for you...I am dying laughing!!

Grannie Wright said...

WOW! Yeah, laundry.. it just never ends. But down the road you will look back and be thankful for that laundry. When we had grandma hansen and did laundry for the doctors office, we averaged 8 to 10 loads a day. (Don't miss that however.) But having your kids around makes it worth it. LOve you Mandi, what a great little family you have.

teasha said...

Amen, to Mr. Laundry and to Mr. Dishes! That's my big hang up right now, HATE IT!!!

Great post.

Anniebanannie said...

HATE laundry. Actually, I don't mind the washing part. It's the folding and putting away part.

Unknown said...

I totally agree. Laundry is the worst! It never is done. At least with other household chores, they seem to stay clean for at least a day or two. Laundry just keeps coming back. Your letter to Mr. Laundry cracks me up, could you tell him the same from me too?

Grandmommy Crum said...

Its lex..I'm laughing a lot right now! Your to funny! Haha good thing i dont do my laundry yet!! Aww ya! Until that day i will enjoy myself! Btw i love your header picture! I miss you and the kids! Please come home soon!

Clarissa Wilstead said...

I love it!

Kristy Treible said...

I hate laundry!

JOY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JOY said...

I LOVE it! Can I use this as a "Guest Post" on my organizing blog>