Sunday, January 25, 2009

January 25th 2003, the magical day that has forever changed my life. I can't believe another year has gone by. 6 years dosen't sound long,but we have accomplished a lot in those years. 2 moves, 2 babies,death , life! I love this great man with all that I am,he he my one true love.

We were able to get away for the weekend.We went down to LA on Friday,we went to the temple and then Saturday we dropped the kiddos off at Mike's cousins house in Hunington and went out to dinner and a movie. I know this sounds like a small date for an anniversary,but let me tell you,we don't go out on dates often, so this was so fun to actully see an entire movie through, and eat a whole meal without spills and messes.


The day I met Mike,I was smitten.He wore a nice suit to church and that is what caught my attention, At the time being a tender age of 20,most boys my own age were on missions and the boys I knew didn't wear a full suit to church. I was intrigied,who was this mystery man and wear did he come from? Well we talked and set up a date for the following week. When he arrived to pick me up,he had a bundle of dasies and sweetly handed them to me.I was super impressed,on a first date,flowers! oh be still my heart! I had never been treated with such kindness and what a gentelman he was.I couldn't believe I was dating someone with such a good career and a house . But,you know how finiky women can be, I still wasn't in the relationship fully.So, Mike calls me and we are talking and he tell me that this relationship wasn't going anywhere and that we need to stop dating. What? you are calling it off with me,I thought to myself. I couldn't have this! So,I dreaded the thought of loosing him, and that is when it finally clicked. I didn't want to loose him,I loved him! The butterflies were in full force after that,and they still haven't left!






Engagement pictures



Mikey ,I love you so much.I am honored to be your wife and I am so grateful for all that you do for me and our family. You are such a good man and we are so blessed to be an eternal family. Here is a big ol smooch comin your way, mmmmuuuuuaaaaaahhhh!


19 comments:

Alli said...

oh how sweet :) You are the greatest wife and mike is lucky to have you! We are so lucky to have such wonderful man to be part of our wonderful family. You two definatly know how to make cute babies!!! I love them and I love you! Happy anniversary!!!

☂niki. said...

Wow, I forgot you had such long hair. This was so fun to look back on. You guys are truely a beautiful couple! That last picture of you is absolutely stunning! Your blue eyes are captivating!

JOY said...

Happy Anniversary Mandi girl - I'm just jealous I didn't get to watch the kiddos!

Kristen said...

I seemed to remember that he didnt think you guys were going anywhere because after like 9 dates you still wouldnt hold his hand! HA HA... an look at ya now! Isnt marriage the greatest! We women "vent"' alot about our significant others alot but truth be told, we're kinda crazy for them too!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSERY!!

Kristy Treible said...

I love these pictures! I remember that necklace you had on, I don't know why but I do. I can't believe how much time flies! I am so happy that you are so happy :)Mike is very lucky to have you! I am so glad you got to get a good date night in I can't imagine not having a babysitter a phone call away!

Tara said...

Happy Anniversary! Where does the time go? I'll never forget when we went to see that movie About A Boy, and we ran into Mike. I think that was a turning point, too... Yes, I agree with Niki, you look so stunning! If I was there I would baby sit your kids for you anytime!!!

Lindsay Jones said...

Happy Anniversary, what a great feeling to be in love even (and most especially) years later! Everything just gets better with time! We are couting down the days till you visit! We can't wait to see you guys! Love you!!

Michelle said...

6 years is definitely an accomplishment, especially because I have not even been married even a year. I loved hearing about you and Mike's story it was wonderful. Congratulations!

cyndi said...

Happy Anniversary --- You two are so cute. Hello gorgeous! Drop dead gorgeous Seriously love those pics.

Anniebanannie said...

Ohhh, I love hearing everyone's stories of meeting and falling in love. Such a fun time:) Happy Anniversary.

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary! I can't believe it has been 6 years. Your hair was so long then. Congratulations.

Suz said...

Happy blissful #6! I thought the first year was pretty freaken' amazing! But after a decade it has become more blissful... and I can't imagine the next being much different!
You guys look perfect together! Have you ever sat in church and checked out some of the goofy people that walk in together? Seriously... you wonder how the @#*$ that worked out? Then I won't even admit what my next thought is, but I have found hours of entertainment over the thought of it! Thank heaven that most people start to look alike when they get old... that is so that immature people like me can try to focus on the real reason I go to church! What am I talking about?
So here's to another 66+ and then eternity! Make them great!

Kristen said...

I just know noticed the weezer...good call!!!

Grandmommy Crum said...

I remember everything! The day Mike came to church, we did think he was quite the dresser! Your first date, the day he asked you to marry him, and of course the glorious wedding! You were in love then and your are in love now!!! I am so thankful for your goodness and your stunning beauty! You married at the right time and the right place to a man of your dreams! I love you and mike and the oh so perfect children you have made me! I feel so good tonight you are here with me, I love and adore your visits! You all make me so happy!!! Love infinity xoxoxo

Hayley said...

Hey Mandi! It's been forever since I've visited your blog and so much has happened! You got a beautiful new background and new family pictures and had an anniversary! congrats! Keith and I celebrated 6 years this month too- yeah for all of us! Your engagement pictures are so beautiful- what happy memories! Take care Mandi!

Lucille Jarvis said...

Mandi, you are so beautiful! Sometimes I have to pinch myself that all of you are beautiful women with precious families. Just yesterday your mom and I had six or seven kids piled in the car to go and get a Pepsi at Bashas. I love your blog, you are the best. Thanks for being you, I love you ,Aunt Lu
Six years? How did that happen? Congrats, Happy Life!

Lyle and Jaime said...

Congrats you guys are so cute! Your hair was so long!!! AHH to be twenty again!....

Todd and Jacy Skouson said...

Happy Anniversary! The morning we left your house I remembered you had your anniversary. Thanks again for letting us stay with you. I enjoyed seeing your house- it's beautiful. I LOVE your family pictures- adorable. And I love watching your kids- they're the sweetest! Love ya

Clarissa Wilstead said...

You look so cute in long hair! I love your engagement pictures, ahhh you two!