Sunday, June 22, 2008

Inspirational

A few weeks ago we had stake conference,at the adult session we were given a beautiful talk. We got a babysitter so we were able to listen with open hearts.There are billboards all over town that say"pass it on", preluded by some words of wisdom. Well team Hoyt is on one of them,and they are quite the inspirational story. I am sure you have heard of them The boy has cerebral palsy, and is confined to a wheelchair. His dream was to compete in tri-athalons.He let his family know his desires by having a a device placed on his head and by the movements he made, the letters were formed on the computer screen. The father who is 60 years old has decided to do this for his son. This video is a compilation of them competing in their races.
I was so touched by this, the spirit filled the air and I stand in awe of the example of true selflessness this father portrays, I hope that my children will know that I would go to the ends of the world for them, they are my life and my joy. This is how our Heavenly Father loves us, he picks us up when we can no longer walk. He is the portrait of selflessness. I am so privleged to have the truth and to know the sacrifices that have been made in my behalf.

Remeber to turn the playlist off so that you can hear the video. I hope you enjoy!


4 comments:

Shan said...

Thanks for sharing that!!! I love that story! It is great to be reminded of the tha things we should be thankful for in our ouwn lives. That sure makes me think of how much I take for granted the time I have with my kids, and Mike.

Kristen said...

It makes me insanely emotional to watch that! PS I "tagged" you, check out my blog for details.

Taylors said...

thanks so much for sharing (kristen sent me to view this). my 16 month old daughter has cerebral palsy & this was so very inspirational to watch.

Lindsay Jones said...

um yeah that is just incredible, I should have waited longer to look, now I am going to be emotional the rest of the day. Love you.