Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Daddy

This blissful look one my dads face is how he felt about being a father, he loved it more than anything. His joy in his life was his girls. It takes a one of a kind man to be a father to 5 girls and he mastered the task. he was so fun and so willing to go to the ends of the earth to make his family happy.He loved to have us all gathered around and just be together. He loved my mom so much, they were true sweethearts. I always knew mom and dad loved eachother. I looked for qualties in my future husband that my dad had. Mike has similar qualities and I love that. I wish he was here to spend time with his grandkids, oh how he loved babies, but one thing I know is, he did spend time with these grandkids. He prepared them to come to this earth and I know that they know him and were sad to leave him. I know he watches out for me and I feel him around. I love you so much and that dosen't even describe it. Daddy, you are the greatest and I am so lucky to have had you as mine. How great the reunion will be.

10 comments:

☂niki. said...

aww man. i haven't even gone to church yet and i'm already crying. when you commented on my blog about missing hearing dad walk in the door and say "heeellloooo everybody," i could hear the exact way he said it. that's what set me off. i love him and miss him. and i'm grateful for the support of my family here on earth to get me through.

Shan said...

That is so sweet! I think it is great to have a wonderful family for support!! You are truely blessed!!

Kristen said...

I love what you said, you made me cry! I know he is so proud of all his girls and the great women you have all become. Your right, only REAL men can raise 5 girls...he was perfect!

Lindsay Jones said...

Oh how I love our dad, he was the best, I miss him, and am feeling angry about it today. You words are perfect.

Kristy Treible said...

ok so i am totally crying right now, i can't amagine loosing my dad. i have been thinking about you alot today, i even told jeff that i hope you are doing ok today. i admire your family so much, they are as solid as a rock and i am so glad that you all have eachother. Love ya!

Eliza said...

Oh Mandi, I was actually thinking about you guys yesterday and how difficult of a day it must be for all of you. This is a wonderful, sweet tribute. You had a great father. You are all evidence of that. (this is Eliza, btw :-)

Tara said...

You're family is so awesome. Isn't life precious? We can't take any moment forgranted. I love your dad. Hope your having fun with your fam in town!

Hobbie said...

I can honestly say that John was one of the best men i have known. I was just telling Linds that I saw the Crash Test Dummies on Tv the other day, and immediatly memories & thoughts of your dad ran through my mind.( i know, kinda random but it happens when I hear queen or mcjagger:) He had such a fun personality! Lots of love to you Crum girls. (i know you are having a blast being together!)

Hayley said...

Hi Mandi!I'm so glad you found my blog! I just joined the blogging club and I'm loving finding people I miss and LOVE like YOU! What an amazing blog with the most adorable kids ever! I loved the pictures of Presley's new jeans- too cute! And what a great picture of dad and his girls- what a great way to remember your dad. That cracks me up about your dream too- it was meant to be- I must have been inspired to start my blog :)SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU!! And yes, I will be visiting your blog soon if that's okay!

Jill said...

I love that picture! Your dad made EVERYONE feel special! A memory I have is when he would imitate the cowardly lion from The Wizard of OZ. He was so much fun! I miss him too!

Jill